Erfgoedvrijwilliger.nl lists volunteering opportunities at local and regional heritage organisations, such as museums, castles, heritage railways and trams, historical societies, windmills and historic gardens. In the Netherlands thousands of people volunteer at heritage sites and organisations. It is a great way to meet new people, practice your Dutch and learn more about the area you live in.
Erfgoed (nl) = Heritage (en)
Vrijwilliger (nl) = Volunteer (en)
5 Reasons to volunteer at a heritage organisation:
- You meet new people that share the same passion for history, heritage and stories
- There is always a job or task that will suit your skills and personal interests
- You contribute to the preservation of tangible heritage (like historical sites, buildings and objects) and intangible heritage (like stories, oral histories and traditions)
- Volunteering is a great way to develop your skills and gain work experience for your resume
- Being familiar with heritage will strengthen your understanding of places and people
At the moment most of the vacancies listed on the website are in Dutch. However, by using the filter ‘staat open voor anderstaligen’ you can see opportunities for non-Dutch speakers and contact the organisation in question directly. If you can’t find a match or if you could use assistance in reaching out to an organisation or if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are very happy to help you find a spot that suits you!